Friday, January 11, 2008

How do you start your tasks, easy first then ?

When you have a list of tasks to complete – do you start with the easy ones and knock them out first and handle the hard one(s) last?

I usually do. It makes me feel more productive.

I’ve read however, that some “experts” say you should start with your hardest/most complex tasks because your mind and body are freshest.

I guess in some ways that makes sense – but if those hard tasks are too hard – you could end up accomplishing nothing and not even have the consolation of gotten the easy things out of the way.

I bring this question up because I plan to tackle the easy parts of creating a media center on a vintage Mac first.

The two features I’ve chosen to start with are photos and music.

Photos came about in part because my girlfriend asked for a digital frame for Christmas. The prices for 7 or 8 inch are still fairly high, and that isn’t a very big screen. I eventually found a 7 inch for a decent price.

What is usually the largest screen in someone’s house? That would be the TV.

So photos on the TV - slide shows, etc.

Two Mac programs do a nice job of photo slide shows – jpegview (free) and GraphicConverter (shareware). GraphicConverter even has the ability to create Quicktime movies and use transitions for your slide shows.

No comments: