Monday, January 14, 2008

The Talking Moose says hello

Anybody remember “The Talking Moose”? It was (and is) a control panel for your Macintosh that put an animated Moose in your computer. He would pop up at random times and comment on what you were doing, or say a random phrase.

It uses the Macintosh text-to-speech capabilities and it’s one of those apps that just screams “Macintosh.”

I was inspired by Wgoodf’s good luck message, printed out on his ZX81 to the Retrochallengers.

I persuaded the Moose to come out of retirement, and wish everyone luck at the halfway point.




(I recorded this on my 6100 Media Center using Snapz Pro. I modified the Tex-Edit Plus “Say File” script to have the Moose read the words as they were highlighted.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great! Did you "ResEdited" the Moose or can you simply let it read? Which other extensions did you installed to have you Mac talking ? I never got it running...

Pleas contact me on my website http://myoldmac.net

Oliver - RetroChallenger