Monday, July 6, 2009

Ad of the Day #5 - Our Computers

Looking over the 23 member Retrochallenge Roster, the platform breakdown is:

Apple II - 7
Apple Macintosh - 7
TRS-80 Model 100 - 2
Commodore 64 - 2
IBM Compatible - 2
Atari - 1
Vaxstation - 1
ZX80 - 1

I realize that all of us are using multiple computers - I categorized the above based on the major project the challenger was working on. I'm not trying to start a platform debate - just curious to see - because I wanted to look for ads for each of our major projects. I've tried to use the earliest ad for each platform I could find.

Apple II - notice the woman cutting apples and the apple poster in the kitchen.



Macintosh


TRS 80 Model 100


Commodore 64



IBM


Atari



Vaxstation - all I could find was a Swiss Brochure:




ZX80

1 comment:

Mark Wickens said...

Shame about the VAXstation ad - I was scrolling slowly down reading each ad in anticipation of something for my hardware. However, there probably weren't that many adds out there. Fine effort however, thanks, urbancamo.